12/24/2011

christmas eve

DSC_0434
DSC_0463
DSC_0465
Picture 3DSC_0450
hehe, i love my sister!
DSC_0390DSC_0417
DSC_0408
DSC_0484
DSC_0467

merry christmas eve!

although there were mini meltdowns today (anything that could go wrong, went wrong) everything turned out perfect! i helped my mom finish some baking and last minute cookie decorating. then she set the tables for our big christmas eve dinner, one of her favorite things to do. me, my sister, and brother took silly pictures outside for a bit. he asked me why i'm making that face in every picture, i had to explain to him that it made my face look slimmer (hello 2012 weight loss)!

we had an amazing chicken fried steak dinner and many many desserts... peanut butter pie, chocolate walnut pie, gingerbread cookies with royal icing, peanut butter chocolate balls, and red velvet cupcakes, oh my. we all played bingo after dinner and it was so much fun. me and my mom picked up silly $1 prizes at target a few weeks ago which were a hit. and then for the last big "blackout" game, $10 was up for grabs... and i won!

tomorrow we'll be getting up super early to open presents here and then head over to my grandparents for a delicious ham breakfast (we've been calling ham "pig butt" since we were little kids, just thought you would like to know). we are truly blessed, and so thankful for what we have. i hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is the best ever! My sister is about an hour and a half away and I always have such good times when we can be together. So sweet. Thanks for sharing!
    <3

    ReplyDelete